Hard Coat Anodizing/Teflon®
Hardcoat Anodizing/Teflon® is a special application of a controlled oxide film on aluminum with the inclusion of PTFE molecules, more commonly known by the brand name Dupont Teflon®. The resultant coating offers the dense, hard protection of Type III hardcoat anodizing coupled with the excellent dry lubrication for which Teflon® is so well known. Hardcoat Anodizing/Teflon® provides a very good surface for aluminum molds, as the lubricity of the surface translates into superior release characteristics, and the coating remains stable at high temperatures. Additionally, the mechanical synergy between the crystalline formation of the oxide film and the molecular structure of the PTFE yields very good wear characteristics. Hardcoat Anodizing/Teflon® is highly resistant to atmospheric and marine corrosion and serves as an electrically insulating coating.
Chem Processing Inc. Hardcoat Anodizing/Teflon®
- Conforms to SAE AMS 2482 Type 1
- Thicknesses ranging from 0.0001" to 0.003"
- Precision masking for selective surface coating
- Relatively uniform thickness across part surface
- Internal salt-spray corrosion testing per ASTM B117
- Thickness analysis with alcometer and standard metrology
- Coating weight analysis
- Taber abrasion testing
- Dielectric testing
Typical hardcoat Anodizing/Teflon® Applications:
- Aerospace/Astrospace/Aviation: wear resistance, dry lubrication, longevity and electrical insulation
- Firearms/Ordnance: corrosion and wear resistance
- Machinery: abrasion resistance for high-speed machine parts
- Electronics: uniform emissivity and a high dielectric
- Marine/Naval: corrosion resistance in salt-water environments
- Oil and Petrochemical: corrosion protection and wear resistance.
- Molds and Dies: improved release properties and abrasion resistance at high temperatures
- Food & Agriculture: long service life, easy-to-clean surface and release on molds
- Chemical Industry: corrosion resistance in extreme environments
Inc. offers hardcoat anodizing/Teflon® services to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, the
Midwest and beyond. CPI is strategically located by highway routes to
Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The CPI
facility is minutes from Rockford Chicago International Airport, a major Midwestern air freight hub, enabling efficient door-to-door delivery across the United States or across the globe.