Fluoropolymer Coatings: Teflon®, Xylan®, Maxcoat®
Low coefficients of friction...electrical resistivity...Chemically inert...hydrophobic surface
Fluoropolymer coatings are combinations of fluoropolymer lubricants and resin binders that offer extraordinarily low coefficients of friction, excellent corrosion protection and good chemical resistance. Chem Processing, Inc. supplies several brands of fluoropolymer coatings, including Teflon®, Xylan®, Kynar®, and Maxcoat®. Each of these brands represents a family of coatings that are designed to address various engineering needs. Coatings are chosen based on required tolerances, expected load, temperature, environment and other significant factors. Different colors are also available for aesthetics and identification purposes.
Besides the characteristics listed above, fluoropolymer coatings can also provide electrical resistivity, anti-galling properties, abrasion resistance and low surface tension (wet-ability). Chem Processing’s technical experts can work with you to choose the best fluoropolymer coating for your needs and conditions.
Engineering Characteristics of Fluoropolymer Coatings:
- Coating thickness range of 0.0002 to 0.0007 in.
- Temperature range: -200 to 500℉
- Chemically inert
- Flame retardant
- Extremely low coefficient of friction
- Hydrophobic surface
- Lower risk of hydrogen embrittlement than electroplated finishes
- Electrically resistive
Typical Fluoropolymer Coating Applications:
- Aerospace: replacement for cadmium in corrosive environments; high use surfaces in cabin interiors; actuators, gears, structural elements, bearings, wheels, landing gear components
- Automotive: pistons, cylinder blocks, sliding bearings, cylinder liners, exhaust nozzles, valve trains, suspension elements, fuel pumps, gearboxes, engine block covers, structural elements, wheels, axles, spindles, swivels, slides
- Medical/Pharmaceutical: medical mixers, life support equipment, bone prostheses, turbo-molecular pumps, surgical handles, pill molds, dental molds, gel cap cutting wedges, gel cap molds, capsule filling equipment, forming mandrels, rotational molds
- Oil & Gas/Chemical Production: valves, pumps, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, submerged oil pumps, mixing vessels, impellers, subsea trees, well heads, sleds, manifolds, jumpers, separators, termination points, vacuum pumps
- Food Processing: chemically resistant and cleanable surfaces on cheese equipment, cheese vats, cheese presses, cheese molds, augers, mixing hoppers, chutes, extrusion dies, process pipes, mixing blades, butter molds, biscuit molds, cutting blades, vibrating feeders, weigh buckets, transfer buckets
- Heavy Equipment: longer service life of critical components
- Cookware: non-stick surfaces on pots and pans
Chem Processing Inc. offers fluoropolymer coating services to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, the Midwest and beyond. CPI is strategically located by highway routes to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, St. Louis, and Minneapolis. The CPI facility is minutes from Rockford Chicago International Airport, a major Midwestern air freight hub, enabling efficient door-to-door delivery across the United States or across the globe.